Tuesday, April 21, 2009

COMMENT: Too many friggin blogs!

Seriously, I really do have too many blogs. In this age of downsizing and rationalisation, perhaps it's time I issued a redundancy notice to a few of them. I'll start with the Aussie Mossie blog. The last time I posted there was June 2007.

I'll be transferring posts from that blog here. It will be a gradual process. As each post arrives here, it will be deleted from there.

The "philosophy" (if you could call it that) of the Aussie Mossie blog can be summarised as follows:

Two decades ago, an anglo-aussie PhD student named Yusuf Reeder joined forces with some friends to start a newsletter called 'The Aussie Mossie'. It folded after a year or so, but the memory lives on. We hope to revive it in all its stinging glory.

Another good reason for getting rid of that blog is that I discovered last Ramadan that a newspaper of that name is being published in Sydney. Though I'm not sure if it's still being published. The point is that there's no point having two publications of the same name!

Words © 2009 Irfan Yusuf

Delicious
Bookmark this on Delicious

Digg!

Get Flocked

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: