Saturday, November 15, 2008

COMMENT: A brief Mark Steyn moment ...

I was cleaning out my car when I came across a copy of the MXNews newspaper from Wednesday 13 August 2008. The paper gets handed out at train stations and other public places.

On page 9, I found a photo of one chap named Mohammed Emad aged 41. All I saw was his face and his eyes closed. Draped over his face was a small marquis. The rest of his body was buried into the sand at the Siwa Oasis, somewhere in Egypt.

So why become immersed in the hot sand? Apparently it cures rheumatism and sexual impotency. I always wondered why they have so much sand in that part of the world. Or maybe this explains why they have so many kids.

Sorry for that Mark Steyn moment.

Words © 2008 Irfan Yusuf

Delicious
Bookmark this on Delicious

Digg!

Get Flocked

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: